1952 - 2011
• The cover story of the latest issue of the Swedish ‘Rock'n'Roll Magazine’. In the January 2014 issue Brian Downey takes the reader around the most important Thin Lizzy spots in Dublin. Nine pages in Swedish and the pictures are quite sensational, as you can see this great 40 years old shoot on the front page. You can order it at the magazine's website.
• The cover story of the June 2013 issue of The Blues, presented by Classic Rock magazine.
"When ex-Thin Lizzy and Colosseum II guitarist Gary Moore released his 1990 album, Still Got The Blues, he reinvented himself as a blues artist overnight and reignited the British blues guitar music that had essentially been dormant since the late 1960s."
• The March 2013 issue of Guitar Techniques magazine has been released with Gary on the cover, and also featuring the tab of Roy Buchanan's "The Messiah Will Come Again".
• The May 2011 issue of Guitar magazine is released with an unseen G-Force period photo as a tribute to Gary. It will be available from 13th April in Japan.
• The 02/2011 issue of Novy Popular magazine (Slovakia) is released with a Gary Moore photo on the cover and an 5-page tribute feature inside. Later it will be published also in English at their website.
• The March 2011 issue of Guitar Buyer magazine is also put Gary Moore on the cover as a tribute. They are remembering to Gary with an older interview inside...
• The new issue of Sweden Rock Magazine is available from 15th March 2011. This tribute article is written by Jörgen Holmstedt.
• April 2011 issue of Guitarist magazine - A special Guitarist tribute to a special guitar hero. Gary Moore in his own words - choice excerpts from a a career of Guitarist interviews, memories from close playing friends including Scott Gorham and Bernie Marsden plus the essential Gary Moore albums.
• The March/April 2011 issue of Classic Rock magazine is out with Gary Moore on the cover, plus a 10-pages feature. This German version of Classic Rock is available in the shops of Germany, Austria and Switzerland until 22nd of April.
• The 03/2010 issue of Novy Popular magazine is available already. This Slovakian music magazine released with a Gary Moore photo on the cover, which was taken at his first Slovakian concert. Inside you will find a review about it...
• The April 2010 issue of Guitar Techniques magazine featuring the tab of Gary's "Still Got The Blues" and a cool full-page size concert photo from 1992.
• The last three issues of Guitar Techniques magazine are including video features with Gary, where he show us some solos and blues licks. Of course these are also in tab format inside the magazines. Guitar Techniques should offer a discount "Gary Moore Fan" subscription package...
• Last autumn, after the release of the new album it was strange to see that not much Gary Moore features in the music and guitar magazines. The new year started much better! Here is the third cover story, this time from the Guitar magazine. This is the March issue of the German magazine...
• The February issue of the Guitar & Bass magazine offers you a 7-page interview with Gary.
• Gary is on the cover of the January issue of Guitarist magazine! You can read a great interview with Gary and you also will find an interesting video feature on the attached Guitarist CD!
The February issue of Guitar Player magazine also including a 3-page interview with Gary.
You will find some interesting things in the January issue of Classic Rock magazine as well, where Gary is talking about his relation to musicians like Rory Gallagher, Keith Richards, Alber King, Phil Lynott, John Bonham, etc...The January issue of Vintage Guitar magazine also includnig an interview with Gary, where he talks about possible US dates as well.
• The January issue of the Rocks magazine including a five-page Gary Moore feature with cool pictures. This is a German music magazine...
• You can read a Gary Moore article in the recent issue (48.) of the Rock It! magazine (there is a small promo photo on the cover, too). Also will find one page Gary Moore feature in another German magazine, Heavy Oder Was? (Issue 116).
• The September issue of Guitar Techniques magazine featuring Gary on the front cover and the tab of "Since I Met You Baby" (also on CD). You also will find some live pix with Gary from 1992 and a short writing!
• The November issue of the Guitar Buyer magazine (UK) including Gary Moore feature on five pages with nice photos about him and his guitars! Gary talks about his latest album and some of his main guitars as well, like the 1968 Fender Telecaster, Gibson ES-335 or his main Les Paul from 1959.
• The October/November issue of the Blues Matters (UK) magazine including an interview with Gary and Otis Taylor as well!
Related link: www.bluesmatters.com
• You will find an interview with Gary in the October issue of the Guitar Player magazine with a great live photo from the recent tour.
You can read the text at the magazine's website, here.
Related link: www.guitarplayer.com
• You will find Gary Moore features in the August issues of different guitar magazines. There is a 2-page feature in the recent Guitar Player magazine with a rare live photo from the Skid Row years. You can read the text at the magazine's website, here.
The August issue of Guitar Techniques magazine also has a longer feature, mostly guitar tutorial stuff. Gary is also on the cover of the free CD of the magazine!
• Gary is on the cover of the September issue of Vintage Guitar magazine!
Inside you will find a great interview with Gary!
Related link: www.vintageguitar.com
Thanks to Bill & WOT!
• Gary is on the cover of the July issue of Guitarist magazine!
You can read a great interview with Gary and you also will find some related features on the attached CD!
Related link: www.guitarist.co.uk
Thanks to Jason Hartwell!
• You can read an interview with Gary in the July issue of Guitar & Bass magazine! This is also including the free Marshall DVD featuring an unreleased live track by Gary!
• Gibson Guitar, the world’s premiere musical instrument manufacturer and leader in music technology, is proud to announce that many of the UK’s greatest and best known musicians have already pledged their support and involvement with Gibson Guitartown London. Gibson Guitartown London is a unique charity inspired campaign bringing together the power of music with art to raise money for three chosen charities; The Princes Trust, Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy and Teenage Cancer Trust.
Music legends such as Paul Weller, Slash, Ronnie Wood, Rod Stewart, Noel Gallagher, Mark Knopfler, Roxy Music, New Order, Bruce Dickinson, Brian May, Gary Moore, Gorillaz, Dirty Pretty Things, The Lost Prophets, James Dean Bradfield, Ocean Colour Scene, Graham Coxon, The Kooks, The Magic Numbers, Ozzy Osbourne, Paul Rodgers, Suggs, KT Tunstall, Razorlight, Hard-Fi, Corinne Bailey Rae, Depeche Mode, James Morrision, Motorhead, Sir Cliff Richard and James Blunt are already confirmed. (Read more here.)
"I'm very excited to be part of the Gibson Guitartown London project in collaboration with Sujo Remi. I have been a Gibson fan ever since I started playing guitar and it's wonderful to see guitars being used in this way to raise money for worthy causes." (Gary Moore)
• Gary on the front cover of the Freanch Guitare Xtreme magazine! If you speak the language, an interview also will be available for you inside the May/June issue.
• You will find an interview and other Gary Moore features in the "Blues Rock" special edition of Classic Rock magazine!
...and don't forget about the third part of the Thin Lizzy story in the May issue of Classic Rock magazine!
• The May issue of Guitarist, Guitar & Bass and Total Guitar magazines including a free Marshall DVD featuring various short films of their newest products and a factory tour. One film features Gary in exclusive performance (with Brian Downey and Pete Rees) along with the presentation of a limited edition Marshall 1962 Jaguar combo, from Dr. Jim Marshall. This DVD is only available with the UK editions of these magazines!
Thanks to Jason Hartwell!
• In the April issue of the Guitar Buyer magazine the Tone Zone article reveals some Gary Moore tone secrets with the help of Graham Lilley!
• Read this short article by Mark Brown about the connection between Gary and Otis Taylor. Click here
• Click on the pictures below to read a recent interview with Gary about past and present. This is from the March 31st issue of the Dublin Event Guide.
Thanks to Thomas P. McLoughlin!
• The April issue of Classic Rock magazine has been released with a free DVD (only in the UK!) featuring "Still Got The Blues" from the "Live In Montreux 1990" DVD.
If you can't buy the UK version, it still can be interesting to you, because the magazine including the second part of the Thin Lizzy story written by Harry Doherty.
• Gary has signed a Tanglewood guitar to help CLIC Sargent children cancer foundation.
"A Tanglewood guitar, signed by British musical legend Gary Moore, will be just one of the items which will be auctioned off at the CLIC Sargent dance, which is being held at Sand Bay Holiday Village on February 2nd"